|Positive Profile Application
Applicants those who meet most or all of the below criteria’s give greater assurance to the immigration Officer of being a genuine students. This means they are very likely to be granted visa.
Who is Positive Profile Student:
- Good academic record
- IELTS score of at least 5.5 or evidence of having met English language entry requirements for the course of study in NZ, which ever is higher
- Student’s immediate family’s verifiable evidence of funds to meet the educational and living expenses in New Zealand
- Intended course of study relevant to the previous qualifications and/or to work experience obtained
- Clear health & character requirements
Apart from meeting the above criteria’s, other key factors which would support Positive Profile Category “A” applications are:
- An overall score of 6.5 or above in the academic module of the IELTS test
- The intended course of study in New Zealand is Level 7 or above
Applications which do not fulfil the above requirements but are deemed to meet the positive profile criteria will be considered as Positive Profile Category “B” applications
Evidence to show of my funds
- Sufficient funds should be shown to pay the ongoing studies and living expenses during the period of your study.
- Evidence to show that you or your family members have the income and/or assets to pay for your tuition fees and for your stay in New Zealand.
- Evidence of the source of your funds and show that the funds are available for you to use.
- For applicants from some countries, evidence of funds has to be in term deposit for more than six months.